Friday, June 4, 2010

What's for dinner? BBQ Ribs, Homemade BBQ Sauce, Potato Salad & Green Beans


BBQ Dinner, Take 2

We had enough ribs left over for a second dinner, a couple of nights later.  This time I made BBQ sauce from scratch and a potato salad.

BBQ sauce was Basic Barbecue Sauce from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham.  So much better than store bought!  And it only takes a few minutes to toss together & cooks in 20 minutes.

Potato salad is a very loose recipe of boiled, cubed potatoes, chopped celery & pickles, crisp bacon pieces and celery seed with a sauce of mayonnaise (I use Spectrum's Canola Mayonnaise as it is soy-free), prepared mustard, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, dill and pickle juice.  Sorry I can't be more specific - it's a recipe best made without measuring :-)


1 comment:

Danica said...

I've never tried celery seed in my potato salad! My "recipe" is basically the same as yours minus the bacon, celery and celery seed. Wait, I don't use dill in mine either! K, I'm going to have to play with your way minus the obvious for me. :D