Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holidays

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had safe travels.  Our travels took much longer than anticipated due to some nasty winter weather, but the visit was nice.  I'm very glad to be home safe and sound and enjoying the safe-food bubble that is my home.

I'll try to add some pictures that I took of Thanksgiving items whose recipes I posted earlier.

Now, time to gear up for Christmas.  What Christmas traditions do you hold dear?  I love the season of giving.  Finding that perfect gift for each person on my list is one of my favorite things.  I'm excited by the challenge this year of being more frugal and crafty in this department.  I've been like a little elf, working away at my projects.  I'd love to share, but it will have to wait until after the holiday as it's currently 'Top Secret'. 
Another big tradition for me is doing a lot of holiday baking.  I've done this for many years (giving most away to friends and family), and was quite distraught by the thought that I would not be able to continue after our diet changed.  Thankfully, with a little trial and error, I've been able to convert most of my favorites.  I'll start posting them soon.

No comments: