Monday, June 13, 2011

Updated Honey Flax Bread recipe

I've been tweaking this recipe a bit ever since I started making it and realized today that the recipe I'd originally posted is significantly different from my current recipe, so I thought I'd update.



Honey Flax Bread - version 2
by Raechel Medina

makes 2 9x5 loaves
6 c. brown rice flour
1 c. sorghum flour
1/2 c. flaxmeal
3 tsp. xanthan gum
1 Tbsp. salt
4 1/2 tsp. yeast
1/4 c. honey
4 c. warm water
3 eggs
1/2 c. canola oil
2 tsp. vinegar

Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl of a heavy-duty mixer. Add all wet ingredients.  Beat on medium for about 8 minutes. While the mixer runs, grease two 9x5-inch bread pans and set aside. Scrape batter into pans and smooth the top.  Let rise in a warm place for about one hour. Bake in a pre-heated, 375 degrees for 65 minutes.  Remove from oven and immediately take loaves out of pans and let cool on a wire rack.

No comments: