Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feeling guilty

My apologies for the lack of new posts.  I don't know where February went.

I haven't been doing much in the way of new recipes lately, so haven't felt the urge to post anything.  I am, however, working on making my Honey Flax Bread egg-less.  I think I'm almost ready for its debut, so stay tuned.

I've also been keeping up with my 'healthier me' plan, which I started on January 1st.  All of January, I kept up with riding my exercise bike for 20 minutes every day (I only missed one day the entire month!)  Having that kind of momentum built up has been great - I actually feel like exercising every day now (something I've never wanted to do before).  For February, I added a strength training component, in addition to the 20 minute bike ride.  Although I'm not losing weight, I am feeling healthier and more toned, which is a great feeling.  A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across the Spark People website, which is coming in very handy with this month's goal of being more aware of and eating more healthy.  Their site allows you to track meals (even adding foods or recipes that aren't already in their database - a great boon for those of us eating specialty foods).  It gives you a way to track different components of the day's food - calories, fat, carbs, fiber and individual vitamins and minerals.  There is also a section to track your fitness regiment.  I'm really excited about learning more about my diet and the particulars - what nutrients I need to beef up on and what components I need to cut back on.

I promise I'll be back soon with another delicious recipe.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Spark People - I hear that there are groups on there for those on specialty diets. I saw something about a new gluten free section. There is a lot of stuff on that site that I am still discovering.

Lyd Stew said...

Looking forward to more posts. And just for the record, there was no February this year. :)

Raechel said...

Yes, Sara, they do have a gluten free section on Spark People - I stumbled across it once. Of course, now I can't find it again.

Lydia, thanks for clearing that up about February! Makes me feel much better. Maybe I'm even ahead rather than behind, then?

Unknown said...

your blog is amazing! for some reason i have never looked at it. i am impressed at how much info i gained about the boys and the recipes look great.

Raechel said...

Thanks, Veronica, glad you liked it. Appreciate the nice comments!