Friday, December 2, 2011

Thankful

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and/or friends.  We spent a wonderful few days with my family this year - the first Thanksgiving I've spent there since I moved out after high school!  Usually, we spend the holiday with my in-laws, but couldn't manage the long travel time this year.

Somehow, November just slipped right by me...as has much of this year.  During November, though, I was seeing many posts on Facebook, giving daily thanks for things.  I kept thinking, "what a great idea, I should do that...".  And yet, the days kept passing me by and I kept not acting.  On the same thread, I've recently been reading two very interesting books about scaling down and living more simply - Radical Simplicity: Creating an Authentic Life by Dan Price, and Radical Simplicity: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth.  These have really gotten me pondering my life and the things I am grateful for and the things I should be more aware of and work at scaling down.  So often we take things for granted and feel entitled to so many things in this consumeristic society.  I want to be more conscious and more thankful in going forward.  I challenge all of you to do the same.  Re-think what is necessary and important in your life.  Embrace it and stop the cycle of always wanting, wanting more.

No comments: